For those of you that don't know I moved to Anchorage, Alaska on August 7th, 2007. My mom & I took 4 1/2 days to drive from Atascadero, CA to Anchorage, Ak. Which is not enough time if you do not want to lose your mind or enjoy yourself. The drive was pretty uneventful, there were beautiful sights although we didn't have much time to enjoy them. We drove about 15 hours a day and stopped in Pleasanton, CA first to stay with my Aunt Carol & visit with my cousin Jennifer before we began our journey. The next night we stopped in Abbotsford, BC, the next in Fort Saint John, BC, the next in Whitehorse, YT and on the night of August 11th we arrived at Tschandra, Joe & Riley's house in Anchorage. On the way into Anchorage we had an awesome view of the Matanuska Glacier from the highway, we even stopped to take a few pictures, which you'll see below. The next day August 12th was my 25th Birthday and Tschandra, Joe, Riley, My mom & I had dinner at Gallo's (a mexican food restuarant). That night at midnight Tschandra & I brought my mom to the Airport so I she could fly home to California.
Here are some pictures from the journey:


























Friday, October 19, 2007
Move to Alaska
Posted by Monica at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very nice Monica! Thanks for sharing the pictures... Look forward to reading about your adventures in Alaska!
hey monica! how are you holding up in that cold weather?
Post a Comment